Well, here I am sitting before my computer monitor, about to attempt my first ever Blog. I tend to think of blogs as "globs" because many of my friends comment on how sticky they are to come to "grips" with. But I'm going to treat my Blog space as a companion of sorts. A faithful record of my effortless attempts at living successfully. Did I say "effortless"? Of course I did! I am telling myself that from now on life will unfurl, unfold and reveal itself as it should (for my part at least and hopefully for others too).
I think of myself firstly and foremostly as a writer-poet, and secondly as an artist. My work speaks for itself and hopefully, speaks for Wildlife and for the Environment as well. For their safety and protection. It tells the stories and relates the plight of animals that cannot speak for themselves.
Below is a recent painting I completed of a rare and sacred Spirit Bear, indigenous to the BC coastline in Canada, near where I live.
A recent Harp Seal poster (Below) is a good example of where I stand on Seal Hunting and Global Warming issues for instance.
As a result of what I love most in Life, I've dedicated the rest of mine to helping domestic and wild animals and the environment that sustains us all, in whatever capacity I can. For right now it is through donations made from the direct sales of my artwork and writings. Much of the money I earn from the sales of my work goes straight to Wildlife Protection Groups and Animal Rescue Shelters right across North America, the UK and beyond.
Some of my artwork & writing can be found at my Art web site and Cafepress store. (Please see the links below).
For today, I am going to leave you with one of my recent poems and consider myself blogged!
Thanks for sharing some time with me. I'll drop by again when the inspiration moves me in a day or 3.
Skyewriter
ANIMAL DECREE
"All animalkind, no matter their species,
regardless of colour,
whether furred, feathered or scaled,
whether silent or filled with song,
deserves our care and protection.
All creatures that live on this fine earth,
have the right to exist
without fear of harm
or threat of extinction"
~ Skye Ryan-Evans © ~
No comments:
Post a Comment